Thursday 10 November 2011

Personal Reflections

As Project Manager I provided guidance early in the project as to task allocation and penned an initial timeframe. With the agreement of all the team, it was decided to complete as much as the project over the mid semester break as possible with the aim being to at least complete the modeling and renders.
We had decided to use my original design and I briefed the team on the original design intent and with the teams input identified areas that I thought would respond well to remodeling.  A plan of action was decided on with everybody briefed on their tasks.  
Difficulties with accessing the BIM server led to the decision to work on the model outside of BIM, rather than fall behind on our schedule. 
 To facilitate our communications, I set up and administered our team blog and arranged access for our members.  I also set up the additional and individual pages to maintain visual consistency.  I instigated the use of Flickr as a means to share images quickly and also Dropbox for file sharing.  
During the project I encouraged the team to communicate via these three online channels which worked very well for us.
After the team had finished working on the model, I spent some time on it, fixing some in-discrepancies and tidying things up and ensuring that it was as tidy as possible for submission.  I generated the floor plan for the layouts and also sections and elevations although it was later decided that Ryan would render these in Artlantis.
As the project drew closer to its submission date I kept an overview of progress and reminded everyone that even with the workload of other subjects we wanted to finish strongly which I believe we have done.
I took responsibility for getting all the submission material together and submitting on time.
My task as Project manager was made easier by everyones enthusiasm to complete as much of the project as early as possible.  As a team we worked very well together with everyone completing their own tasks to schedule and being willing to lend a hand to anyone else as required.  

No comments:

Post a Comment